FREE SHIPPING on any order!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on glass top humidors?

aaronlng92
Corona

I'm looking to upgrade my humidor (currently have a 40-cigar capacity). I would love to get a glass top as I really enjoy the aesthetic, but I've heard they don't work as well as the non-glass top humidors due to issues with sealing and temperature. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

IMG-2322.jpg

6 Replies 6

MatthewFolger
Robusto

I have used both and I personally prefer non-glass humidors, but that's purely an aesthetic opinion and not one based on function.  As Kevin said, I well maintained humidor will work as long as all the seals are tight.  This is why it's important to get a quality humidor.  Buy once and buy well ๐Ÿ™‚

RegC
Robusto

I've had 2 glass tops, one worked fine no issues & the other I had to reseal the glass. 

KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Even if there is any kind of "leak" from the glasstop, I am not sure that it would really be enough to make a noticeable difference if you are regularly keeping up with humidor maintenance.

I think if you like the look of a glasstop, just make sure to get one with a strong seal as that will be the most important thing for your humidor.

KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

@aaronlng92 that's a cool humidor by the way. where did you get that?

My best friend was kind enough to hook me up with this humidor, a fresh Boveda pack, and a full lighter so I could start getting into cigars myself!

INDYCL
Petite Corona

I have 2 glass top 100 stick humidors. I humidify each with the HumidiCup S1 Electronic Cigar Humidifier. Got mine on Amazon for about $89. I am pleased with how they operate & only need to fill chamber with distilled water about once a month for mine. Could vary in your locale. Humidity is adjustable up to 80% & an alarm goes off if you don't catch it before it runs out of distilled water.  Works very well for my purposes and I love being able to monitor the humidity on the digital readout through the top of my humidors.  I have had no issues with using the glass top humidors and prefer the aesthetics as you do. If you think of it all off super large humidors that hold hundreds or thousands of cigars have glass in them so I can't imagine it being an issue on a smaller humidor that is good quality construction. Also, I don't think I've ever been in a massive cigar shop humidor that didn't have glass in at least one wall.