FREE SHIPPING on any order!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Kind of Cigar Lighter Should I use?

gabrielle
Robusto

I'm fairly new to the cigar culture, and I have seen some pretty awesome accessories out there, which is great! But, it can also be a bit confusing when I go to choose what type of accessories are best for me. I'm in the market for a reliable, easy-to-use, and non-intimidating lighter... Any suggestions? Drop them in the comments below. 

6 Replies 6

MrCruRoyale
Robusto

My go-to lighter is a triple-torch Vertigo Cyclone. It was under $15 several years ago, and works like a charm. Windproof flames and always works on the first click. Another great lighter that I have used, from family and friends, is the Vertigo Big Buddha Table Lighter. It has some weight to it, which is great, but it also comes with a built-in punch cutter at the bottom for extra versatility. Otherwise, I will light my cigars with matches depending on my mood and how windy it is outside.

brewsandstogies
Petite Edmundo

For people who are new to smoking cigars, I always recommend that they buy a cheaper single flame lighter like a Jetline, so they can practice using, toasting and lighting the cigar. Once they are comfortable lighting cigars, then they can look into getting a better, higher quality lighter to their preferences. I currently use a Xikar Tactical 1, although it does use a lot of butane.

STOGIEWIZZARD
Petite Edmundo

Me personally the best way to go is Xikar. They are backed by lifetime warranty and if anything was to happen to the accessory, you send directly to them and they will either fix it or replace it with the newest model. My first lighter was the Xikar Tech single flame, its right around the $30 price point and I still use it to this day. 

CigarMagician
Corona

I am the odd-man-out when it comes to lighters and cutters.  For so many years I had enjoyed the motto โ€œthe cheaper the betterโ€, often opting for a fingernail and a box of matches to cut and light.  I understand the appeal of expensive lighters and cutters that have fancy colors and styles to match personalities, or even basic โ€˜utliityโ€™ brands such as Jetline and Vertigo (I currently use the 3-flame vertigo glock and love it).  Does a life-time guarantee make me want that product more, or do I begin to think the company charges more expecting it to break.  Using what-ever product makes you happy, and what ever product cuts the cigar the way you like (straight, V, punch), is the right one for you. 

As I stated, I currently use the Vertigo Glock which I picked up for under $20 bucks.  It is a triple torch lighter, configured in a flat flame (all torches in a row), with a huge clear tank so I can see when / if I am running low of butane.  Additionally, I currently use a Lotus Jaws cutter, it has serrated blades, which I find works best I the types of cigars I prefer.

I doubt I answered your question properly, but the one thing I will say with 100% certainty, is that I will never use a house cutter.  I mean seriously, have you ever seen someone slobber on the cap of thier cigar, then use a cutterโ€ฆ.ughโ€ฆnot for meโ€ฆ

~ The CigarMagician, I make cigars...disappear ~

Kirv
Petite Edmundo

I am a big fan of the Xikar Tactical line of lighters. The single flame one in particular is my go-to. It's sturdy, reliable and pretty substantial for a single flame lighter. 

RegC
Robusto

The Palio triple torch is a great lighter. Inexpensive, light weight, reliable and easy to reload. Though I own quite a few lighters/torches this has been one of my favorites. Fits in my pocket and also doesn't take up too much space in my hard case.