FREE SHIPPING on any order!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why did you start smoking cigars and what was your first cigar?

Bmo2023
Petite Edmundo

Hi Cigora Family.   I love to hear how people starting smoking cigars and what was their first cigar.  What is your why and what ?   For me my grandfather was an avid cigar smoker.  However, I found out later in his life that he actually liked the ritual of cutting and lighting the cigar which would explain why I would some many cigars only smoked through the first 1/3. When I was about 16 years old, I pick up one of his cigars and finished it with thorough enjoyment.  That cigar was a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #1 Maduro. 

8 Replies 8

Nordic
Corona

It was a summer evening around the campfire with my grandfather and other men of the family. I was detailing to my grandfather how excited I was for a guy's trip my buddies and I were venturing on the following weekend. I mentioned that my best friend wanted to try smoking cigars with us because he had just tried with his father and enjoyed the experience. My grandfather smiled and pulled a case from his pocket and handed me a Tabak Especial Dulce. He gave me some cigar tips and advice but looked me in the eye and told me that it is a hobby to be enjoyed and enjoyed with good company. I've been hooked ever since! 

KoryB
Corona

My first cigar was the Acid Kuba Kuba! I still love it to this very day. To be honest, I got a stick from a local shop randomly just to give it a try and I fell in love with them instantly. I personally love anything made by Drew Estate. My favorite cigar is the Tabak Especial. I love both the Red Eye and the Cafe Con Leche equally, depending on how I am feeling. I love to try different cigars to keep the love for them going! 

Bmo2023
Petite Edmundo

Kory B thank you for the reply.   

That's cool! I only first tried an Acid Kuba Kuba Candela this past August, and I was pleasantly surprised. Nice citrus and green tea notes. A good morning cigar. Also, solid choices on the Tabak Especial Red Eye and Cafe Con Leche. If you're into coffee cigars, I'd suggest trying Java by Drew Estate, and also some inexpensive but tasty ones have been Cigars International's CI Knock-Off Coffees. Great morning cigars!

Nothing better than that first cigar in the morning

matthewp
Merch Manager
Merch Manager

My first was a Cohiba Red Dot. Went into a local cigar shop and the clerk recommended a few blends. I had heard of Cohiba so I gave it a try. I still work it into my rotation to this day

KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Love to reminisce on this stuff - my first ever cigar was a Reserva Real. 

MrCruRoyale
Robusto

Hi Brian, always nice to hear these kinds of stories. Great that you remembered which kind was the first that you smoked. My first cigar smoking experience, also when I was 16 years old, was with 3 friends and one of them had somehow managed to get a "Cuban" cigar. I don't remember much about the smoke other than feeling like rebels with contraband! Haha.

Around my 18th birthday, I bought myself a Baccarat Connecticut Churchill as my first officially-purchased cigar. I just enjoyed one the other day and reminisced with a few friends and co-workers about buying one of those Baccarats again last year. It's all about the experience, and whenever possible, the company! ๐Ÿ™‚