Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Best Medium-Bodied Cigars

blog_CGOR035-SP_hdr-notext.jpg

Getting Started:

Let me start by saying I was really looking forward to putting this sampler together and writing this article. Even though I’m the kind of person who will smoke literally any cigar that is given to me (yes that includes backwoods), my true preference and love lies in medium-bodied masterpieces.

Medium-bodied cigars are the most versatile in my eyes – I can smoke them at any point of the day or pair them with any food or beverage. There was a point in time when I would only reach for the strongest cigars in the humidor, but in my old age, what I’m really looking for is a blend that will provide a lot of flavor without being overly strong or abrasive.

So, I decided to put together a list of five of the best medium-bodied cigars that we carry here at Cigora and build a few samplers so you can conveniently test out all these top-notch blends for yourself. You can pick up our best Medium-Bodied Sampler today!

On that note, let’s jump into our list of the best medium bodied cigars!

Best Medium-Bodied Cigars:

1.     Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda

3UY-PM-1003_5646-2301.png

• Country of Origin: Nicaragua
  • Wrapper: Criollo
  • Price Point: $10.00
  • Main Flavors: Earth, Natural Sweetness, Black Pepper

Kicking off our list we have Tatuaje Black – a medium-bodied masterpiece that provides me with everything that I could possibly look for in a cigar. Expect bold notes of earth, black pepper, and graham cracker, and a perfectly sweet finish that will make it difficult to want to smoke any other blends. As most of you know already, Tatuaje’s limited edition blends are some of my all-time favorites, but with that said, all roads eventually lead back to Tatuaje Black. This is the one blend that I absolutely need to have in my coolidor at all times.

2.     Aladino Cameroon Robusto

AA2-PM-1002_5050-2301.png

• Country of Origin: Honduras
  • Wrapper: Cameroon
  • Price Point: $9.00
  • Main Flavors: Caramel, Cedar, Toast

Smoking Aladino Cameroon for the first time was probably the best introduction to a new brand that I could have hoped for. After seeing the almost universal acclaim and unbelievable number of high ratings Aladino was getting, I figured I ought to see what all fuss was about. That was about two years ago, and the rest is history. Aladino Cameroon is a masterclass in blending (what else would you expect from the Eiroa’s?), with the Honduran grown Cameroon wrapper acting as the star of the show. A medium-bodied gem that is characterized by notes of sweet caramel, cedar, and toast, don’t be surprised if you get hooked on Aladino Cameroon like it did.

3.     ADVentura The Navigator Francis D

AD1-PM-1007_6044-2301.png

• Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
  • Wrapper: San Andres
  • Price Point: $11.50
  • Main Flavors: Mocha, Cashews, Leather

It’s really difficult for a brand to gain a devoted following as quickly as ADVentura did – but then again, ADVentura isn’t your run of the mill cigar brand. With captivating stories and some of the best Dominican blends on the market, they have solidified themselves as one of the best up-and-coming brands in cigars. The Navigator, which may very well be my favorite ADVentura blend, features a rich San Andres wrapper, overtop a sweet Sumatra binder, and a nuanced blend of filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Ecuador - mocha, cashews, and leather lead the charge and are followed by a sweet and spicy finish sure to please any palate. There is no doubt that ADVentura represents the next generation of Dominican cigars.

4.     HVC Pan Caliente Toro

HV1-PM-1008_6252-2301.png

• Country of Origin: Honduras
  • Wrapper: Criollo
  • Price Point: $8.50
  • Main Flavors: Natural Sweetness, Cedar, Leather

To me, HVC is one of the more underrated brands in the business. I mean, they sell a ton of cigars, but it seems like people don’t talk about them as much as they should, especially considering the top-notch blends that they keep churning out. Pan Caliente gives off a traditional Cuban feel both in the way it looks and the way it tastes – big flavors of cedar, leather, and spice and a natural sweetness on the back end makes it a blend that I find myself coming back to again and again. The most surprising thing about Pan Caliente is that you can get it everyday for under $9.00 a stick. Pan Caliente will show you what kind a difference high quality tobacco will make in a cigar.

5.     Warped La Hacienda Gran Robusto

WC4-PM-1000_5552-2301.png

• Country of Origin: Nicaragua
  • Wrapper: Corojo
  • Price Point: $8.50
  • Main Flavors: Pistachio, Citrus, White Pepper

Rounding out our list is Warped La Hacienda. Warped is one of those companies that seemingly can’t put out a cigar that is anything less than outstanding. Warped has long prided themselves on standing out amongst their peers, and I think La Hacienda stands out within the brand itself. A Nicaraguan puro at it’s finest, La Hacienda provides a complex flavor profile that includes pistachio, citrus, white pepper, earth, and natural sweetness – the perfect profile for anytime of the day. With La Hacienda it’s easy to see why Warped is one of the most highly respected and sought-after boutique brands on the market.

Next Steps:

As always, I would recommend, that as you work your way through this sampler, to make sure that you take notes. This is the perfect way to keep a tab on your personal preferences as you are introduced to new brands or blends for the first time, and a good way to shape your smoking and buying habits to properly fit your expanding palate.

Once you identify a blend (or five) that you are absolutely in love with, make sure to grab a couple of five packs or a box to keep handy in your humidor. Or if you can’t decide which is your favorite, pick up another sampler and smoke them all again – you can’t go wrong with any of these blends.

Let us know what you think of our list, and what you think the best medium-bodied cigars are!

Labels