Did you mean: 
KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Top 5 Best Small Cigars

The Perfect Companion in the Cold Winter Months

blog_smallcigars_hdr-notext.jpg

Setting the Stage:

A tale as old as time: you want to enjoy a premium, handmade cigar, but it’s so cold out that you can’t stand outside for more than 30 minutes without losing all feeling in your hands and feet.

As always, I have great news for you! We have compiled a list of our favorite blends in perfectly convenient, small sizes that will serve as the perfect compliment to a bitterly cold, and windy winter night. If you live in the southern half of the country, maybe you won’t run in to this problem, but I can assure you that the cigars included in this list are just as good on a hot and humid day as they are during a blizzard.

Even better, we put together a sampler that includes all the cigars on this list, so you don’t have to go through the trouble of finding them individually at your local shops.

Now for the fun part – let’s get to our list of the Top 5 Best Small Cigars!

Top 5 Best Small Cigars:

1.     Illusione Original Documents Petite Corona

IL1-PM-1012_4044-2008.png

• Body: Medium to Full
  • Country of Origin: Honduras
  • Price Point: $7.30
  • Main Flavors: Cedar, Natural Sweetness, Black Tea

Aside from their award winning and timeless blends, Illusione is best known for their uniquely strict quality control. Original Documents may very well be Illusione’s best blend to date and yet, somehow, still seems wildly underappreciated in the grand scheme of things. A beautiful Nicaraguan corojo wrapper is the real star of the show with Original Documents, which provides a medium to full-bodied experience that is full of rich notes of black tea, cedar, and peanuts that are complemented by a delectable natural sweetness on the finish.

2.     RoMa Craft Neanderthal HoxD Petite Corona

RC6-PM-1013_4046-2212.png

• Body: Full
  • Country of Origin: Nicaragua
  • Price Point: $8.00
  • Main Flavors: Earth, Dark Chocolate, Cashews

When I think about RoMa Craft, I tend to think about unapologetically bold Nicaraguan blends, and, well, Neanderthal fits this bill perfectly - a dark Mexican San Andres wrapper sits atop a powerful Connecticut broadleaf binder and is finished with a complex blend of filler tobaccos from Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and the United States. The result is a full-bodied profile with deep notes of earth, dark chocolate, and savory cashews, and proves to be one of Skip Martin’s greatest masterpieces to date.

3.     Oliva Serie ‘V’ Melanio Petit Corona No. 4

1OD-PM-1015_4546-1910.png

• Body: Full
  • Price Point: $9.00
  • Main Flavors: Coffee, Black Pepper, Oak

I’m sure you all know the story of Serie ‘V’ Melanio by now – universal acclaim from basically the entire world and voted as the number one cigar of the year by Cigar Aficionado back in 2014. Oliva has been a staple in the industry for what seems like forever and have been able to gain the trust of consumers for decades with their expertly blended and high-quality cigars. Oliva Serie ‘V’ Melanio carries on with this Oliva tradition and produces a full-bodied experience that is dominated by flavorful notes of coffee, black pepper, and oak. It’s no wonder why Serie ‘V’ Melanio was voted as the cigar of the year, it’s probably Oliva’s best blend to date.

4.     Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles

3UB-PM-1018_4642-1911.png

• Body: Medium
  • Price Point: $6.75
  • Main Flavors: Leather, Black Cherry, Natural Sweetness

Anyone who’s anyone knows Tatuaje for their industry changing limited-edition releases like the Monster Series, but their regular production lines, the ones that have made them the beloved company that they are today, seem to get swept under the rug sometimes. As much as I love Tatuaje’s limited releases like T110, and Cohetes, blends like Havana VI are the ones I always find myself coming back to time and time again. Blended in the style of old-school Cuban brands, Havana VI is characterized by a balanced and nuanced profile that boasts of rich flavors of leather, black cherry, and a naturally sweet and spicy finish. My word of advice: don’t sleep on Havana VI any longer. You don’t know what you’re missing.

5.     Mi Querida Gordita

MIQ-PM-1015_4048-1612.png

• Body: Medium to Full
  • Price Point: $9.45
  • Main Flavors: Maple Syrup, Earth, Espresso

Maybe it’s because of his time spent on the retail side of cigars, or maybe its because his blends are just that good, but regardless, Steve Saka knows how to make popular cigars. Mi Querida, which translates to “my dearest”, is certainly in the top tier of Dunbarton blends, and showcases the brands affinity and mastery of the use of Connecticut broadleaf tobacco. Crafted at the renowned NACSA factory, Mi Querida combines perfect construction with a medium to full-bodied profile that is characterized by flavorful notes of sweet maple syrup, savory espresso, and rich earth. If I had to recommend one of Dunbarton’s blends as an introduction to the brand, it would be Mi Querida.

Wrapping Up:

So, you’ve made your way through our Top 5 Best Small Cigars – each of these cigars serves as a convenient sample of what you can expect from their larger vitolas. After you pick your favorite blend or two, make sure to pick up a box or 5 pack of your favorite size here at Cigora.

Hopefully, you enjoyed these blends even half as much as we do, because if you did, I’m sure they made braving the winter cold well worth it. As always, be sure to let us know what you think about our Top 5 Best Small Cigars, and let us know what blends you would’ve included in your list.

Labels