FREE SHIPPING on any order!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Relighting Cigars

SpeedHerfer47
Corona

Someone once told me that if you are going to relight a cigar that has been out more than a few minutes, you should actually blow smoke back through the cigar the first few times instead of pulling through it. Something about evening out the acidity and remediating some of that harsh taste a relight cigar can have. 

Has anyone else heard this? What's your rule of thumb on relighting cigars?

3 Replies 3

AGarza0
Petite Edmundo

Iโ€™ve actually watched a YouTube segment on this and Iโ€™ve personally experimented with this. It definitely makes a difference and I prefer to relight this way.

bdbfd3
Petite Corona

Not sure if its a "supposed" to thing, but I always blow thru the cigar after toasting the foot, whether its on the initial light, or for a re-light. During toasting the flame is very near or touching the foot of the cigar. So yes, I blow thru to keep from pulling the harshness back thru the cigar. After toasting and blowing thru, I proceed to lighting the cigar, drawing thru the cigar and lighting with the flame never touching the foot. Just something I've always done.

I do a similar process, regardless of a re-light or not. I toast the foot, blow through, full light to cherry then blow on the foot to check for evenness of the cherry. Probably more habit/quirk than any specific "proper" technique but it works for me!