cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Review

tonycasas
Corona

The Good Stuff:

The Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua become instantly famous when it was announces as Cigar Aficianadoโ€™s Cigar of the Year in 2019. The cigar is blended in collaboration with Boutique Blendsโ€™ owner Rafael Nodal and the famous master blender AJ Fernandez. Created at the Tabacalera Fernandez in Nicaragua the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua features an all-Nicaraguan made up of wrapper, binder, and filler tobaccos. The cigar is offered in five sizes: Espressivo (5 x 50), Maestro (6 x 52), Vibrato (6 x 54),  Grand (6 x60) and the Concerto (7 x 50). Each comes packaged in boxes of 20 running between $11.15 and $12.25 per stick.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-1.png

• Size: 6 x 52
  • Wrapper: Nicaraguan
  • Binder: Nicaraguan
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
  • Body: Full
  • Strength: Medium/Full
  • Price: $12.15

Prelight:

The Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua starts out with a very deep, dark, and consistent brown wrapper with only a few lighter areas around the cigarโ€™s cap. The wrapperโ€™s texture is very toothy and gritty with a good amount of oils coating it. The wrapper itself is very dense and hard while the cigar as a whole is very heavy and tightly packed. There are a few larger veins running their course through the cigarโ€™s soft box-pressed body leading up to the cigarโ€™s very sharp, tapered, torpedo style cap. The cigar is polished off with a black, white, and gold band showcasing the Aging Room brand and a secondary orange band that states โ€œNicaraguaโ€.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-3.png

The wrapper on the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua gives off a faint chocolate and oak aroma while the foot of the cigar is much more potent with strong spice, pepper, and natural tobacco scents. The cap cut with a little extra help from my Xikar XO double bladed cutter. The cold draw produces notes of believe it or not apple, oak, and earthiness.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-2.png

First Third:

Thankfully that apple flavor didnโ€™t make it into the actual smoking profile in the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua. The cigar leads with lots of oak, dark chocolate, musk, spice and pecan. As I make my way through the first third some really interesting cologne type flavors start to come out as well. The burnline is dead even and razo thin leaving behind a trail of tightly compacted white ash which held on for almost an inch before falling into my ashtray.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-4.png

Second Third:

Into the second third of the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua and a really bold espresso note has begun to dominate the profile backed by bold dark chocolate and musk over lighter notes of pecan and spice.  The retrohale brings a ton of the musk and spice to the front of the profile and I find myself doing it pretty often. I close out the second third with only a light nicotine kick.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-5.png

Finish:

Boy does that espresso marry up beautiful with the dark chocolate flavors in the final third of the Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua. Backed by notes of pecan, musk, and spice as well as the return of that cologne flavor I picked up in the first third this cigar took me about an hour and a half to take down to the nub. I experienced no harshness nor extended heat. The cigar burned perfectly from start to finish and left with me with a good little nicotine kick while closing out.

aging-room-quattro-nicaragua-6.png

Overview:

The Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua won cigar of the year for a good reason. The cigar showcases a fantastic flavor profile which is not only enjoyable but also fairly complex which kept me on my toes from start to finish. One thing I appreciated was while complex, it wasnโ€™t overpowering giving me too much to think about. I was able to just relax, enjoy the flavors, and note what I was experiencing. The price point is great, and the fact that this is so easy to find make it an all-around great cigar to have in any regular smoking rotation.

0 Replies 0