FREE SHIPPING on any order!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evening cigar, Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration

CigarMagician
Corona

It is said that Carlos Fuente Sr. dictated the blend of this cigar to the factory over the phone before he passed away in August 2016.  As I relax on my front porch, I think back to conversations with Sr. at the Chateau, and enjoy this fine cigar with an AnCnoc Vintage 2001 Highland Single Malt Scotch Whiskey. 

AnCnoc Vintage 2001 Highland Single Malt Scotch WhiskeyAnCnoc Vintage 2001 Highland Single Malt Scotch Whiskey

The cold draw has notes of leather, cinnamon, milk chocolate, earthiness and sweet vanilla.  The first third is cream, leather, along with subdued toastiness, earthiness, dark cocoa, and ground coffee bean.  In the middle third, there is a nougat like sweetness with the chocolate, not unlike a candy bar (Three Musketeers or Snickers), but the creaminess and leather are also still there.  Not much spice on either of the first two thirds, other than a touch on the retro-hale.  The cigar ends with the same spice, and maybe a transition from nougat to peanut butter.  There is also a bit of baking spice, cocoa, and licorice, as well as hay and woodiness.

The Single Malt Scotch has a beautiful golden brown hue, nearly matching the cigar.  Creamy vanilla, spices, leather, honey, chocolate and citrus round out the beverage, so I think to myselfโ€ฆyou did another great pick on the pairingโ€ฆbut what do I know.  One thing I never do is add ice to whiskey, but it was quite warm outside, so I place one moderately sized rock in, and all it did was blend the flavors of the whiskey to more evenly match the whiskey.

Casa Cuba Devine Inspiration with Brother John C.Casa Cuba Devine Inspiration with Brother John C.

As I enjoyed the cigar, I was joined by my longtime friend John C. from New Dimension Sound.  John was setting up for Karaoke next door as he does every Wednesday, so we enjoyed a cigar, then went and sang a few songs before I retired for the evening.  It was a nice night!

~ The CigarMagician, I make cigars...disappear ~
0 Replies 0