cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's this dark slime?

SpeedHerfer47
Corona

Hello!

Every now and then when I smoke a cigar, I get this dark, foul tasting "slime" at the tip of the cigar. I've tried wiping it off and continuing with the cigar, but its usually a signal that its time to put this one down. Is there a proper term for this? And any tips on how to prevent?

3 Replies 3

Crashcourse
Petite Edmundo

I have had this happen with a few cigars when I make too shallow of a cut that results in a tough draw.  If the tip is too wet and the Draw is too tight it can cause too much moisture and creates that tar build up.  Just cut off a little more of the tip and smoke on, that always solves the trouble in my experience.

DatGOOSEwaddup
Petite Edmundo

I agree with you completely, that whatever it is, it's the cigar telling me it's time to put it down ๐Ÿ˜‚ sometimes they just don't wanna get smoked to the nub

MatthewFolger
Robusto

A lot of times this is oil build up due to the cigar being too moist and also possibly being smoked too fast.  I would recommend checking the humidity in your humidor, rotate your cigars regularly inside of it, dry box any cigars that feel too spongey a few days before you plan to smoke them, and smoke a bit slower if need be ๐Ÿ™‚