Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Aladino’s Honduran Cameroon

gr-blog-aladinocameroon_03.jpg

Introduction:

As if it wasn’t clear enough already, I love cigars - everything from a finished box of product to the growing process, to writing about my all-time favorite band designs. I really do mean it when I say there isn’t anything I don’t love about cigars.

But, if I’m being honest, I am much closer to being the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles than I am to considering myself a true tobacconist. I’m exaggerating of course, but my point is that all things considered, I don’t know much of anything about cigars when compared to the people who have completely dedicated their lives to this industry. So, I enlisted the help of our good friends over at JRE Tobacco to give us a quick overview of their now world-renowned Honduran Grown Cameroon tobacco.

From the first time I smoked Aladino Cameroon specifically, I was completely taken aback by how delicious the tobacco was (maybe I’ve just been smoking the wrong Honduran tobacco all along), and from that point on, I knew I had to hear from the masterminds themselves about what the process was like trying bring their industry changing Honduran grown Cameroon to market.

Be sure to read the full review of Aladino Cameroon here, and pick up a box for yourself. You will thank me (and Aladino) later.

I am already talking too much again, so without further ado, here are a few words from the Aladino/JRE crew themselves!

A Few Words from JRE/Aladino:

An Introduction to Honduran Cameroon:

JRE Tobacco is the Honduran family-run company behind Aladino cigars. In 2016 Julio Eiroa and his son Justo launched Aladino with the vision of bringing back the golden era of Cuban cigars to today’s consumers.

You may have heard of our 100% authentic Corojo already - the signature tobacco that, for years, the Eiroa family has been known for. In the past few years, our tobacco farming expertise has allowed us to master the art of growing top-notch tobacco varieties like Corojo, Habano and now Cameroon.

History of Cameroon:

The Eiroa family is no stranger to Cameroon tobacco. Back in 2007, when we were still manufacturing Camacho cigars, we were purchasing African Cameroon for the Camacho Select blends. After acquiring the Cameroon seeds himself, Julio began his endeavor in 2015 to begin growing the variety at our farm in Jamastran.

He began with small experimental plots and slowly but surely, the cultivation success has significantly increased the amount of production. This was not an easy challenge, and many others have tried to grow Cameroon seed tobacco in several countries around the world, including Honduras. Julio’s passion for the field and determination led him to perfect the crop over the past 8 years and eventually led to the launch of the Aladino Cameroon line back in 2020.

Aladino Cameroon:

gr-blog-aladinocameroon_00.jpg

Aladino Cameroon is one of our fastest growing lines and has been met with great consumer feedback. It features JRE’s signature Corojo and of course, our now signature Cameroon. The blend is composed of our authentic Corojo binder and filler tobaccos, and is finished with our Cameroon wrapper which features a natural sweetness that is almost irresistible. Seriously, ask Kevin.

Medium-bodied and full-flavored, the underlying notes of spice and pepper from the Corojo are balanced out with the Cameroon’s natural sweetness to give any cigar smoker a one-of-a-kind experience that holds true to Aladino’s mission of bringing back the golden era of Cuban cigars to the next generation of cigar enthusiasts.