cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

Best Top Shelf Cigars

A Look at the Best of the Best that the industry has to offer.

besttopshelf_hdr.jpg

The Basics

Whether you are looking for some high-end cigars for an upcoming special event, to make a good impression with some house guests, or just for yourself to enjoy on a Wednesday night, we have you covered. With our expertly curated selection of top shelf cigars, you are sure to impress anyone, even yourself!

To be honest, the list of qualifications needed for a cigar to make it on to this list was very limited.

First, and most obvious, the suggested retail price of these cigars had to be on the “higher side” – there is always a place for budget and value cigars, but this list is not it. These cigars are expensive enough that most people would not consider them for their daily smoke (maybe some of you can and more power to you, but I certainly cannot).

Second, and more importantly, we choose cigars which we believe use the absolute best tobaccos available. There isn’t much more to say about this, but just know that these are the best of the best cigars from the industry’s top manufacturers.   

Let me be clear that there are many, many more high quality, top-shelf cigars; these are just our choices of the best.

Great news - all of these cigars are available in our Best Top Shelf Cigar Sampler, or for individual purchase. Quantities are limited, so make sure you get these five ultra-premium cigars (at a reasonable price I might add) as a gift for a friend, or just as a treat to yourself. Then, take a look at our rundown of each blend and be sure to leave us a comment on what your favorite top-shelf blend is.

Best Top Shelf Cigars:

1.     Ashton Symmetry Prism

AHD-PM-1009_5646-1906.png

• Body: Medium - Full
  • Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
  • Price Point: $13.50
  • Main Flavors: Cinnamon, Cedar, Pepper

Symmetry, the first cigar on our list, really highlights the exceptional quality that Ashton has to offer. Medium to full-bodied and perfectly constructed, you’d be hard-pressed to find a Dominican blend that offers more flavor than what you get with Ashton Symmetry. The flawless Ecuador Habano wrapper provides a delicately spicy complement to the rich and sweet Dominican and Nicaraguan long fillers that will have you wanting more.

2.     Dunbarton Sin Compromiso Seleccion No. 5

SIN-PM-1006_6054-1901.png

• Country of Origin: Nicaragua
  • Price Point: $18.75
  • Main Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Sweetness

Arguably Steve Saka’s best work to date, Sin Compromiso has already become, in the few short years since its release, one of the more beloved and acclaimed blends on the market. The toothy San Andres wrapper, combined with Nicaraguan fillers and a spicy habano binder, creates a balanced yet intricate flavor profile that has garnered almost universal praise. Sin Compromiso has become a staple in my regular rotation and for me, really epitomizes what it means for a cigar to be ultra-premium.

3.     Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Maduro Hermoso

K9E-PM-1074_4056.png

• Body: Full
  • Price Point: $14.50
  • Main Flavors: Almonds, Chocolate, Leather

There are few brands today that are as beloved as Padron, and for good reason. For countless years, Padron has churned out award winning cigar after award winning and have managed to maintain the highest possible level of quality despite their growing demand and increased amount of production. Padron 1964 Anniversary Series stands out among the brands offerings in my opinion; it has all the flavor and quality you would expect in a blend from Padron, and it sits at a price that won’t break the bank.

4.     Joya de Nicaragua Numero Uno L’Ambassadeur

JN1-PM-1002_6744-2009.png

• Body: Medium
  • Price Point: $16.25
  • Main Flavors: Cream, Cashews, Vanilla

Even though Numero Uno has made a lot of top cigar lists since its release, I still don’t think that it gets the credit that it rightfully deserves (if that is even possible). Arguably the best Connecticut wrapped cigar on the market, Numero Uno from Joya de Nicaragua, is medium-bodied and boasts flavorful notes of roasted cashews and muted cinnamon with a sweet and creamy, vanilla finish. Numero Uno at its worst is refined, crisp, and elegant.

5.     Plasencia 1865 Alma Fuerte Sixto II Hexagon

PF1-PM-1003_6060-1812.png

• Price Point: $21.75
  • Main Flavors: Pepper, Leather, Chocolate

Plasencia has made countless blends for some of the biggest names in the industry, but after you smoke Alma Fuerte for the first time, it’s clear that they used the absolute best tobacco they have in this blend. A medium to full-bodied Nicaraguan puro with an oily, mouthwatering wrapper from the Jalapa Valley, Plasencia 1865 Alma Fuerte features all the flavor we have come to love from Nicaraguan tobacco. It is pretty evident why Plasencia has become so sought-after in such a highly saturated market, but I am afraid “top-shelf” may be an understatement when it comes to Alma Fuerte.

Final Thoughts

besttopshelf_JN1-PM.jpg

There you have it, our list of the best top shelf cigars! This is only a very brief introduction into the world of top shelf cigars, and I would highly recommend that you continue to try out other blends in this category – Davidoff, Cohiba, Fuente, etc.

I would be shocked if you smoked through these five cigars and didn’t find a blend that you absolutely love, so my second word of advice would be to try out the other blends that these brands have to offer. I can assure you that each brand featured in this list has something that will appeal to anyone and everyone’s palate.

And be sure to let us know what your favorite top shelf cigar is (even if it’s not on our list)!

Labels