cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanksgiving Day Preview

KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Or almost. Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and although it’s a holiday based around giving thanks, it’s also a holiday based around eating a gluttonous amount of food, drinking an unhealthy amount of alcohol (for some), and for us cigar enthusiasts, a day for celebrating with your favorite top-shelf blends.

We are eternally grateful for all our loyal customers, our partners, without whom the idea of Cigora would not be possible! So, we wanted to give you all a little Thanksgiving preview – we reached out to some of our manufacturer friends to see what they plan on smoking on the big day, what their favorite Thanksgiving Day side dishes are, and share any other anecdote’s they felt like.

Here is what our friends had to say:

Robert Caldwell (Caldwell): Thanksgiving is a time for friends, family and Matt Booth. I will be smoking a La Whatever Robusto following the meal. I’ll be in Spain and will be eating some Pata Negra since there’s no turkey there.

Matt Booth (Room101): I plan on smoking the intergalactic offerings from a one Johnathan P Tobacconaut following a sensational family holiday meal. If I had to pick a favorite dish, it would have to be fifteen-day crock pot rested dumplings served to me as if I was a baby bird by Rocky Patel. For dessert, I’ll take a piece of red velvet cheesecake serviced to me from the stout backside of a seasoned gymnast and wash it down with an Aqua Net Chaser.

Nick Melillo (Foundation): On Thanksgiving Day, I will start by smoking a Charter Oak Habano Torpedo during the day and then a new Charter Oak Pasquale after dinner in memory of my grandfather. My favorite side dish is made by my beloved mother - she makes a mean broccoli casserole!

Terence Reilly (AGANORSA): For Thanksgiving I’ll be smoking Aganorsa Rare Leaf Maduro - a special occasion demands a special cigar, and after a hearty Thanksgiving meal I’ll want a rich, satisfying smoke.  It’s hard to choose, but my favorite side dish is probably stuffing (unless Pumpkin Pie counts as a side dish).

John Huber (Crowned Heads): Believe it or not, I don’t smoke on Thanksgiving Day, but if I were to get the opportunity to light up it’d probably be a La Vereda No. 54 with a strong cup of coffee after dessert. My favorite side dish would probably be sweet potatoes with the little marshmallows on top, but truth be told, my favorite thing food-wise about Thanksgiving is the turkey sandwiches on white bread with mayo the next day.

Erik Espinosa (Espinosa): On Thanksgiving, I am going to be smoking a classic, Laranja Reserva. My favorite side dish has to be mashed potatoes with brown gravy - you have to be specific with brown gravy because people in Philadelphia call tomato sauce gravy.

Justo Eiroa (Aladino): This Thanksgiving I will be smoking the Aladino 100% Authentic Corojo! It’s hard to pick just one favorite, but a couple of my favorite side dishes are stuffing and gravy, and mac & cheese.

Sebastien Decoppet (Cavalier Geneve): I plan to smoke a couple of cigars, however, one that I am certain about already is this year's Cavalier Limited Edition 2023. It is a cigar that really plays with my palate particularly well at the moment. The image I have in mind thinking of this cigar is a comforting hot chocolate drink, a few dried fruits on a cold fall/winter afternoon to me. It’s hard for me to choose just one favorite side dish - It is all about the flavors from different dishes coming together on that special day.

0 Replies 0