Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinI
Lounge Presidente
Lounge Presidente

staff-intro_Kevin_hdr-notext.jpg

How long have you been smoking cigars?

I started smoking cigars about 9 years ago. I had never smoked, or even been around cigars until, one day on a whim, my uncle invited me to go to a local cigar shop. I had no idea what was happening or what I was doing, but I remember walking into the shop by myself smoking a cigarette, which in turn caused me to get a lot of judging glares (and for good reason), and that’s when I realized that the cigar game was no joke! I had my first cigar that day and since then have been totally invested and obsessed with everything cigars. Every day for the next several weeks, I would stand on the covered patio of my college dorm room and brave the frigid Northeastern winter just for the opportunity to smoke a new cigar. The rest is history!

What was your first cigar?

The first cigar I ever smoked was a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real. I don’t remember the size, but I do remember feeling really cool sitting in that dimly lit cigar lounge surrounded by smoke and chatting with the shop’s regulars. I still enjoy Reserva Real to this day, and it holds a very special place in my heart – this is the cigar that I gave out to all my friends on my wedding day.

What are some of your favorite cigar brands?

staff-intro_Kevin_2.jpg

To be honest I will smoke any cigar you give me, but my preferences lie in medium to full-bodied blends for the most part and there are definitely a few that I always make sure to keep around; Tatuaje Black, Warped Cloud Hopper, The Tabernacle, Crowned Heads Four Kicks, Guardian of The Farm. Other than that, I am a big fan of Mil Dias, Numero Uno, anything and everything from Viaje and Tatuaje, Espinosa Laranja, El Centurion, Fuente Don Carlos, Plasencia Alma Fuerte, Aladino Cameroon, El Gueguense, Davidoff Aniversario, Don Lino Africa, Dapper La Madrina- the list goes on and on, so I’ll stop there.

What do you do at Cigora?

My focus here at Cigora is really related to our product assortment and strategy, and I write most of the blogs and articles for the site too. I could literally talk about cigars forever, so I couldn’t ask for anything better!

What do you like besides cigars?

I love anything that brings out the competitive side of me like video games, yard games, board games, etc., even if I’m not the best at it (like golf). I am a big fan of professional football, basketball, and baseball, and more specifically the Eagles, Sixers, and Phillies. To me, there is nothing better than a Sunday spent watching football with my family and a wiz wit, and celebrating an Eagles victory with a good cigar and a cold beer.

Labels